Samsung Galaxy Note vs HTC Sensation | HTC Sensation vs Galaxy Note Speed, Performance, Features | Full Spec compared
Samsung has introduced the biggest ever smartphone called Galaxy Note. The Samsung Galaxy Note is an Android smart phone that was officially announced on September 2011, and the official release is expected soon. It features a 5.3″ WXGA (1280×800) display, which is HD super AMOLED, and powered by a super fast 1.4GHz dual core application processor. For network connectivity it has 4G LTE or HSPA+21Mbps. HTC Sensation probably is one of the most famous Android smart phones of today from HTC. HTC Sensation (a.k.a Pyramid) features a 1.2 GHz dual core Qualcomm processor and 4.3″ qHD (540×960) super LCD display. Following is a review on the similarities and differences on the two devices.
Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung Galaxy Note is an Android smart phone by Samsung. The device was officially announced on September 2011 and the official release is expected soon. The device reportedly managed to steal the show at the IFA 2011.
The Samsung Galaxy Note stands tall at 5.78”. The device is larger than a normal smart phone, and smaller than other 7” and 10” tablets. The device is only 0.38” thick. Samsung Galaxy Note weighs 178 g. One of the most appealing features of the device, maybe well fitting screen size. Samsung Galaxy Note boasts a 5.3” Super HD AMOLED capacitive touch screen with WXGA (800 x 1280 pixels) resolution. The display is made scratch proof and strong by Gorilla glass and supports multi touch. In terms of sensors in the device, accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate, proximity sensor for auto turn-off, barometer sensor, and gyroscope sensor are available. Samsung Galaxy Note stands out from other members of the Samsung Galaxy family with the inclusion of a Stylus. The stylus utilizes the digital S pen technology and provides an accurate hand writing experience on Samsung Galaxy Note.
Samsung Galaxy Note runs on a Dual-core 1.4GHz (ARM Cortex-A9) processor coupled with a Mali-400MP GPU. This configuration enables powerful graphics manipulation. The device is complete with 1 GB RAM and 16 GB and 32 GB internal storage. The storage capacity can be extended up to 32 GB using a micro SD card. A micro SD card worth 2 GB is available with the device. The device supports 4G LTE, HSPA+21Mbps, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. Micro USB support and USB-on-the go support is also available with Samsung Galaxy Note.
In terms of music, Samsung Galaxy Note has stereo FM radio with RDS allowing users to listen to their favorite music stations on the go. A 3.5 mm audio jack is also available. An MP3/MP4 player and a built in speaker is also on board. Users will be able record quality audio and video with good quality sound with the active noise cancellation with dedicated microphone. The device is also complete with a HDMI out.
Samsung Galaxy Note comes with an 8 mega pixel rear facing camera with auto focus and LED flash. Features such as Geo-tagging, touch focus and face detection is also available to support the superior hardware. A front facing 2 mega pixel camera is also available with this high end smart phone. The rear facing camera is capable of recording video at 1080p. Samsung Galaxy Note comes with outstanding image editing and video editing applications by Samsung.
Samsung Galaxy Note runs on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). Applications for Samsung Galaxy Note can be downloaded from Android market. The device has a good collection of custom applications pre loaded in the device. As mentioned before, video editing and photo editing applications will be a hit among users. NFC connectivity and NFC support is available optionally. NFC capability will enable the device to be used as a mode for electronic payments via E wallet applications. The document editor on board will allows serious work using this powerful device. Productivity applications such as organizer are also available. Other useful applications and features include YouTube client, Email, Push Email, Voice commands, predictive text input, Samsung ChatOn and Flash support.
While the available specifications are promising neither the hardware nor software is finalized as yet.
If you are desirous of the latest Android based smartphone with a large display that is also fast and efficient in performance, HTC Sensation is another choice for you. This is a high performing smartphone that is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual core processor and features a huge 4.3” qHD display at a resolution of 960×540 pixels using Super LCD technology. The processor is a second generation Qualcomm MSM8660 Snapdragon chipset (same processor used in Evo 3D) that consists of 1.2 GHz dual core Scopion CPU and Adreno 220 GPU, which will deliver high speed and performance efficiency while eating less power.
Running on the latest Android 2.3.2 (Gingerbread) with the new HTC Sense 3.0 UI, it gives a pleasing user experience. The new Sense UI gives a fresh look to the home screen and has included instant capture camera, multi window browsing with quick look up tool, customizable active lockscreen, 3D transitions and an immersive experience with the weather application.
This amazing phone has 768 MB RAM and 1 GB internal memory (8GB supplied on microSD card for certain countries). Internal memory can be expanded up to 32 GB using micro SD cards.
The smartphone is a dual camera device having an 8 MP camera with dual LED flash at the back that is capable of shooting HD videos at 1080p. With the instant capture camera feature introduced with the new Sense UI, you can capture the photo the moment you press the button. It also has a front 1.2 MP camera that allows users to video chat/call. Rear camera has features of face/smile detection and geo tagging. It offers surround sound experience with hi-fi audio technology. For instant media sharing it has HDMI (HDMI cable required) and also it is DLNA certified. HTC Sensation has access to HTC’s new HTC Watch video service for premium movies and TV shows.
For connectivity, Sensation is Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP and compatible with 3G WCDMA/HSPA networks.
The phone is available for the global market. The US version is called HTC Sensation 4G and exclusively available with T-Mobile.
A brief comparison of Samsung Galaxy Note vs HTC Sensation
· Samsung Galaxy S II Note and HTC Sensation are both Android smart phones.
· The Samsung Galaxy Note is 5.78” tall and 3.26″ wide. The device is larger than a normal smart phone and smaller than a tablet. The dimensions of HTC Sensation are 4.96″ height and 2.57″ width.
· In terms of thickness, Samsung Galaxy Note is 0.38”, HTC Sensation is little bulky with 0.44” thickness.
· Samsung Galaxy Note weighs 178 g, while Galaxy S2 is only 149g.
· Galaxy Note is a bigger device, but slimmer than HTC Sensation, which is smaller but bulky.
· Samsung Galaxy Note boasts a 5.3” Super HD AMOLED capacitive touch screen with 800 x 1280 pixels resolution. The screen on HTC Sensation is a 4.3” Super LCD, capacitive touch screen with 540 x 960 pixels.
· Between the two devices Samsung Galaxy Note gives 1” extra screen size and has a higher resolution than Sensation.
· The display on Samsung Galaxy Note is made out of Gorilla glass. Gorilla glass not only provides scratch resistance but also a very strong display.
· Samsung Galaxy Note comes with a stylus with digital S pen technology, which is not available with Sensation.
· Samsung Galaxy Note runs on a Dual-core 1.4GHz (ARM Cortex-A9) processor combined with Mali-400MP GPU. HTC Sensation is on a Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset that has 1.2 GHz Scopion CPU and Adreno 220 GPU.
· While Galaxy Note is complete with 1 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage, Sensation has 768MB RAM and 1GB internal storage; storage capacity can be extended in both up to 32 GB using a micro SD card.
· USB support is available in both.
· The rear facing camera in both is 8 mega pixel that also can record videos up to 1080p, but the front facing camera is 2 MP in Galaxy Note, while it is only 1.2MPcamera.
· Both the phones run on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and applications can be downloaded from Android market.
· While the user experience on Samsung Galaxy Note is provided by TouchWiz 4.0, HTC Sense 3.0 is on Sensation.
Samsung Introducing Galaxy Note
HTC Introducing HTC Sensation