Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge vs HTC One M9
The most significant difference between Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and HTC One M9 is the design of the display. In Mobile World Congress 2015, which was held in Barcelona in March 2015, a bunch of new phones were unveiled. Among those introduced phones, Galaxy S6 Edge by Samsung and HTC One M9 by HTC were significant ones. The special feature of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is the curved display and the wireless charging feature. The notable feature of HTC One M9 is the 20 MP high-resolution camera. When slimness and weight are considered Samsung Galaxy S6 is much ahead. The processor and the RAM capacity of the both phones are very similar where the processors are octa core and the RAM capacity is 3 GB. Both run Android Lollipop as the operating system.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Review – Features of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge has a bit similar specification to Samsung Galaxy S6, but the most different feature is the curved display. This feature is similar to what LG introduced at CES 2015 with their phone LG G Flex 2. The phone has a length of 142.1 mm, a width of 70.1mm and a height of 7.0 mm. The weight of the phone is just 132 g. The display of the phone is 5.1 inches with a gigantic resolution if 2560 x 1440 pixels that is even better than a resolution of a generic laptop display. The phone supports 4G LTE networks and therefore you will be able to experience great Internet speeds. All connectivity methods like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC are available. The operating system on the phone is the latest Android version which is Lollipop and this comes with the custom feature by Samsung called Touchwiz. The rear camera has a huge resolution of 16 megapixels and this is the resolution of a normal digital camera. The front camera also has a resolution of 5megapixels. The battery has a capacity of 2,600mAh and Samsung claims that it charges so fast that a 10-minute charge would allow a usage time of 4 hours. Another sophisticated feature with respect to charging is the ability to be charged wirelessly. The phone is furnished with a Samsung Exynos processor that has 8 cores. With a number of 8 cores, the processing power is expected to be really great and hence any big application would run very smoothly. The RAM capacity is 3 GB and various internal storage capacities such as 64 GB and 128 GB are available. But the device does not have a memory card holder so you would not be able to further expand the storage.
HTC One M9 Review – Features of HTC One M9
HTC One M9 also has a competing set of specifications with the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. This has a length of 144.6 mm, a width of 69.7 mm and a height of 9.6 mm. The length and the width seem to be similar to the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, but the thickness is bit higher. Also, the weight is also slightly higher which is 157 g. The display is similar in size that is 5 inches, but the resolution is a bit lesser than the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, which is 1920 x 1080 pixels. Another great difference in the HTC One M9, when compared to Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, is the design of the screen. HTC One M9 has a classical flat screen rather than a curved display as in Galaxy S6 Edge. When the camera is considered HTC One M9 seem to have a gigantic resolution of 20 MP which is even higher than the resolution of a generic digital camera. The front camera that is based on the HTC ultra-pixel technology also would be of great quality. The processor is a Snapdragon 810 which has 8 cores and the RAM capacity if 3 GB. The internal memory capacity is just 32 GB but this can be expanded by up to 128 GB by using an external memory card. All wireless connectivity methods such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC are available. The operating system running on the phone is latest Android Lollipop and this comes improved with HTC sense. The battery also has a higher capacity that is 2840 mAh but a missing feature is the wireless charging facility.
What is the difference between Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and HTC One M9?
• Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge has a curved display while HTC One M9 has a normal flat display.
• Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge supports wireless charging but this facility is not available on HTC One M9.
• Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge has dimensionsof 142.1mm x 70.1 mm x 7.0mm, while HTC One M9 has dimensions of 144.6 mm x 69.7mm x 9.61 mm. Though the length and the width of the two phones are almost the same, the Samsung one seem to be much slimmer.
• The weight of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is 132 g. But the weight of HTC One M9 is a bit larger which is 157 g.
• The processor on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is a Samsung Exynosocta core processor while the processor on HTC One M9 is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa core processor.
• The internal Memory capacity of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is to be selected from sizes 64 GB and 128 GB, while the memory capacity of HTC One M9 is 32 GB.
• Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge doesn’t have an external memory card holder but HTC One M9 has.
• The primary camera on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is 16 MP. The resolution of the camera on HTC One M9 is higher than this which is 20MP.
• The battery capacity of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is 2,600mAh and this capacity is slightly higher on HTC One M9 that is 2840mAh.
• The Android Lollipop operating system of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge comes with the customized feature called Touchwiz while the Android Lollipop version of HTC One M9 comes with the customized feature called HTC Sense.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge vs HTC One M9
The most important difference is the design of the display. HTC One M9 has a normal flat display while the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge has a curved display. Another feature that is available in Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is the wireless charging facility and this feature is missing in HTC One M9. When the camera is considered HTC One M9 is much ahead as it has a 20 MP camera when compared to the 16 MP camera on Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. The processor, RAM capacity and the operating system on both phones are very similar so the performance is expected to be similar.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
HTC One M9
|Design||Curved display||Normal flat display|
|Screen Size||5.1 inches||5 inches|
|Dimension||142.1 mm x 70.1 mm x 7.0 mm||144.6 mm x 69.7mm x 9.61 mm|
|Weight||132 g||157 g|
|Processor||Samsung Exynos octa core processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa core processor|
|OS||Android 5.0 Lollipop||Android 5.0 Lollipop|
|Storage||64 GB / 128 GB can’t put a memory card||32 GBcan put a memory card|
|Camera||16 MP||20 MP|
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge via Samsung
- HTC One M9 via HTC
Leave a Reply