Science vs Religion
The difference between science and religion exist in their principles and concepts. In other words, science and religion are two fields that are often distinguishable from each other when it comes to their principles and concepts. The principles applied in religion often are not applicable to science. The converse is also true. The relationship between science and religion is a very controversial one. Religion is based on faith while science is based on logic. That is why the two are often not compatible. This is also the reason for most of the disputes between the church and the scientists in the past.
What is Religion?
The existence of God is one of the chief concepts in religion. The formation or the creation of the universe is considered as the act of God according to religion. According to the Bible, God created the world in six days. He used six days for creation and the seventh day, which is Sunday, was considered a holiday. Christians, who follow the Sabbath do not work on Sunday. However, by now, these traditions are not followed exactly. Nevertheless, there are followers, who are strict about these rules even now. Religion has paved the way for varied cultures and customs. Different countries across the world may have different religions for that matter. For example, when it comes to Christianity, some worship Jesus while some worship Saint Mary.
What is Science?
Science has its own way of doing things and it has nothing to do with religious beliefs. It is always based on logic. For something to be accepted as true there should be proof. Since there is no proof to the existence of God, science does not accept God. Therefore, God did not create the world according to science. According to science, the universe was created as a result of the Big Bang. The theory that explains this belief is known as the Big Bang Theory. According to that, universe began in a rapid expansion about 13.7 billion year ago and has evolved since that time.
However, science and religion also have a positive relationship. That is when many phenomena that have been assumed by religion long time ago were proved by science later. For example, both Hinduism and Buddhism have been speaking about Big Bang theory as the source of the creation of the world.
On the other hand, science has paved the way for discoveries and inventions. Moreover, scientific principles, unlike religions, are common wherever you go. The laws of science are common for all the countries across the world. The Newton’s Laws are the same in America as well as Africa.
What is the difference between Science and Religion?
• The existence of God is one of the chief concepts in religion. On the other hand, there is no proof for the existence of God according to science.
• According to religion, God created world. However, according to science, the world came into being as a result of the Big Bang.
• However, some religious beliefs have been proven true by science later such as the Big Bang Theory.
• Religion has paved the way for varied cultures and customs whereas science has paved the way for discoveries and inventions.
• Different countries across the world may have different religions for that matter. On the other hand, the scientific principles are common wherever you go.