Soccer vs Ice Hockey
Difference between soccer and ice hockey is very clear, therefore, easy to understand. We can say that soccer and ice hockey are two games that are played by two sides with more differences than similarities. Although it is true that both the games are played on large fields, namely the soccer field and the hockey field respectively, there is a large amount of difference between them when it comes to the fields on which they are played. However, not only the pitch, the equipment needed, the number of players in a team as well as game duration all are different in soccer and ice hockey. It is interesting to note that both these sports require a considerable amount of body strength and athleticism when it comes to game play.
What is Soccer?
Soccer is more popularly called as football. It is played on a grassy pitch. It is a team sport. In a soccer team there are eleven players. A soccer game lasts for one and half hours. A usual game consists of two halves; each half being 45 minutes. The team to score most goals during this period wins. In the case of a tie at the end of this time, extra time, which consists of two further 15-minute periods, is used. If that also does not decide the winner, then penalty shots are used.
To play a game of soccer you simply need a football. No other equipment is needed. Soccer is a game that requires more body strength and a lot of athleticism. A soccer player also should have a high fitness. It requires the strength of the foot and the body. This is because a soccer player has to run many kilometers in the field during the game play. In soccer, the players put their feet to full use to move the ball across the football pitch.
What is Ice Hockey?
Ice hockey is a game played on an ice rink. Ice hockey too is a team sport. In an ice hockey team, there are six players. An ice hockey game lasts for sixty minutes. This time is made of three twenty-minute periods. At the event of a tie, different procedures are taken. Then, the game is played in twenty-minute periods until one team scores. Sometimes, penalty shoots have to be used.
In an ice hockey game, hockey pucks, skates, sticks, helmets and many other equipment is used. Ice hockey needs a good body strength as well as athleticism. A player should be able to skate around the ice rink without falling and score using the puck. This is not easy. So, it is evident that an ice hockey player too needs good body strength as well as athleticism. The players in the game of ice hockey put their hockey sticks to full use to shoot the puck used in the game. Heavy and thick pads are used by the goal keeper in the game of ice hockey.
What is the difference between Soccer and Ice Hockey?
• Soccer, more popularly known as football, is played on a grassy pitch while ice hockey is played on an ice rink.
• There are eleven players in a soccer team while there are six players in an ice hockey team.
• Full duration of a soccer game is one and half hours with two 45-minute halves. Full duration of an ice hockey game is sixty minutes with three 20-minute periods.
• Ice hockey game uses a number of equipment when playing, but soccer only needs a soccer ball.
• When it comes to body strength and athleticism, both soccer and ice hockey require body strength and athleticism. Soccer players should be able to spend hours running around the field while ice hockey players should be able to skate, pass the puck and maintain their balance.
• There is a big difference when it comes to the game play of soccer and ice hockey. Soccer players use their feet to carry the ball while ice hockey players use their hockey sticks to slide the puck along the ice rink.