Sony Xperia Z3 vs Samsung Galaxy S5
The difference between Sony Xperia Z3 and Samsung Galaxy S5 is another interesting comparison we have made here today. Sony Xperia Z3 and Samsung Galaxy S5 are Android 5 KitKat powered smartphones, which have the same processor, GPU and display resolution. Thus, the performance of the two phones are almost the same, but Sony Xperia Z3 has a better RAM capacity and a better camera. On the other hand, Galaxy S5 has a fingerprint sensor, a heart rate sensor and also an infrared transceiver. The battery capacity of the Sony Xperia Z3 is higher making in the winner in the standby and music playing time but surprisingly the talk time of Samsung Galaxy S5 is much higher. Both smartphones, Sony Xperia Z3 and Samsung Galaxy S5, are made with dust and water resistivity. Sony Xperia Z3 being much recent is bit costly in the current market than the Galaxy S5.
Sony Xperia Z3 Review – Features of Sony Xperia Z3
This is one of the latest and most sophisticated mobile phones ever introduced by Sony under their Xperia smartphone series. The device released in September 2014 is a dual sim phone with certified ratings for being dust proof and water resistant up to 1m for 30 minutes. This makes it possible to take the phone underwater, use in rainy weather or even wash it to clean when it is dirty. The device made of an aluminum frame with unique design features has a great aesthetic quality. Camera that has a tremendous resolution of 20.7 megapixels together with the water resistivity feature of the phone allows taking of photos even underwater. The battery life has been greatly optimized that it will last for about two days under ordinary use. Features such as extended standby mode and stamina mode let you save the battery charge even more. Furnished with a Quad core processor and 3GB RAM the device is fast when running applications and powered by LTE the internet speed is also great. The display with 1080×1920 resolution with a wide viewing angle with the help of features such as X-Reality it can render very sharp graphics. The operating system that it is shipped with is the Android KitKat version, but Sony claims that they will release the Lollipop update soon. The Android operating system in the phone is a lot customized by Sony to include their own features while lot of useful vendor applications are already installed on the device.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Review – Features of Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S5 by Samsung is a competing smartphone to Sony Xperia Z5 though it is a bit old dating back its release to February 2014. It also has a very similar processor and a GPU as the Sony Xperia Z3. This device is also water resistant up to about 1 meter and dust proof just like the Sony Xperia Z3. A plus feature in this device is the presence of the fingerprint sensor that provides a more efficient way of authentication rather than the boring classical methods. Also, unlike in the Sony Xperia Z3, here is an infrared sensor and a heartbeat sensor. When the design is considered the width and the length of this device is same as the Sony Xperia Z3 bit this is a bit thicker by about 1mm. The display also has the same resolution of 1080×1920 but the RAM capacity is lower than what is found on Xperia Z3. The camera has a resolution of 16 MP with many advanced features though it is a bit lesser than the camera found on Xperia Z3. The device runs on Android KitKat. The battery capacity of the Samsung Galaxy S5 is bit lesser than what is found on Xperia but yet it has a higher talk time. Although the features are less in Samsung Galaxy S5, the current price of this phone is lesser than the Sony Xperia Z3.
What is the difference between Sony Xperia Z3 and Samsung Galaxy S5?
• Sony Xperia Z3 was released in September 2014, but the Samsung Galaxy S5 is a bit old where it was released in February 2014 .
• Sony Xperia Z3 has dimensions of 146 x 72 x 7.3 mm while the dimensions of Samsung Galaxy S5 is 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm. So Sony Xperia is bit slimmer than Galaxy S5.
• Sony Xperia Z3 is 152g, but Galaxy S5 is a bit lighter which is 145g.
• Both phones have the same processor which is quad-core 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
• Xperia Z3 has a RAM capacity of 3GB while this is lesser in Galaxy S, that is just 2GB.
• Both phones have editions having 16GB and 32GB internal memory capacities. Both support external memory cards up to 128GB capacity.
• Both devices have Adreno 330 GPU and 1080 x 1920 pixels screen resolution.
• Both phones are dust proof and water resistant up to 1 about 1m and 30 minutes.
• Samsung Galaxy S5 has a fingerprint sensor that provides modern methods of authentication, but this is not so in Xperia Z3.
• Samsung Galaxy also has a heart rate sensor and an infrared receiver/transmitter which are not there in Sony Xperia Z3.
• The camera of the Sony Xperia Z3 is superior with a tremendous resolution of 20.7MP while it is a bit low in Galaxy S5 which is 16MP.
• Both cameras can capture videos at 2160p at 30fps.
• Xperia Z3 has a secondary camera which is 2.2MP while it is just 2MP on Galaxy S5.
• Both devices are powered by Android 4.4.4 (KitKat).
• The battery capacity of Xperia Z3 is higher which is 3100mAh while it is 2800mAh in Samsung Galaxy S5. Therefore, Xperia has a standby time of 890h but Galaxy S5 has a standby time of jus 390h.
• Nevertheless, the talk time of the Galaxy S5 is much higher which 21 hours while it is just 14 hours on Xperia Z3. On the other hand, for music play Xperia Z3 can sustain 130 hours while it is just 67 hours on Galaxy S5.
Sony Xperia Z3 vs Samsung Galaxy S5
When you compare the specifications and features of Sony Xperia Z3 and Samsung Galaxy S5, you will notice that performance wise both are almost similar with the same processors, GPUs, display resolution, and the same Android KitKat operating system. Both are water resistant and dust proof, as well. Advantage of Xperia Z3 is the high-quality camera, higher RAM capacity and higher music playing time. The advantage of Samsung Galaxy is the fingerprint sensor, heart rate sensor, infrared support and the higher talk time. Galaxy S5 was released several months earlier than Sony Xperia Z3 and so the price in the current market is lesser.