Sources vs Resources
Source and resource are two different words with totally different meanings. Source is a place or a thing that provides us what we are looking for. We go to school to obtain knowledge and to a college to obtain a degree. In this sense, these are sources of knowledge and degree for us. A well is a source of fresh underground water for us while the sun is a source of constant energy. There is another word resource that means something valuable for us and something that we consume to serve a function. This article attempts to differentiate between source and resource, to make readers use the right word in the right context.
Milk is a source of protein that we need to drink to fulfill our daily requirements of protein. Similarly, vegetables and fruits are sources of vitamins and minerals that our bodies require to fulfill its daily need of nutrients. We know then that we have to get to the source to find what we are looking for.
A teacher is a source of knowledge while a sun is a source of energy. For a vehicle that runs on petrol, a petrol pump is the source of fuel to keep the vehicle running. Talking about energy, matter is the source of all energy, and matter is made up of atoms that constitute all energy.
Resources are things that are valuable to people or a nation for its development. Energy is the basis of all development, and this is why governments all over the world are looking for resources of energy that is renewable or reusable. Fossil fuels, of which petroleum is the most important, is found deep inside the earth and is one valuable resource of energy that we have been extracting at a fast pace that is not sustainable.
People are another resource for development, and the population of a country is regarded as its natural resource that needs to be harnessed for development. Any organization works on the basis of its resources like men and machinery.
Sources vs Resources
• Source is a place or a thing for a useful entity. We eat fruits and vegetables as they are sources of energy and vitamins and minerals for our bodies.
• Resource is a valuable thing that is necessary for a people or a nation. Sun is a resource of renewable energy for us.
• We are always on the lookout for sources of resources that are important for us.
• People are also considered important and invaluable resource for any organization
• Natural resources of a country are its mineral wealth, water bodies and fossil fuels