Threading vs Waxing
The difference between threading and waxing is mainly in the method one uses to remove body hair. Women are conscious of their looks and try many methods to look beautiful. Facial hair is disliked by women, and they resort to many techniques to get rid of them. Threading and waxing are two techniques that help in removing hair from the face, and these methods are employed by beauticians in salons all over the world. Both threading and waxing can be used to remove not just facial hair, but the hair from all body parts. Both techniques are temporary, in the sense, re-growth of hair takes place after a session of threading or waxing in a few weeks, and a woman has to undergo either of the two methods once again. There are the basic differences between threading and waxing that are highlighted in this article.
Both threading and waxing are rather simple and inexpensive. Both methods do not take much time either, and a woman can straight away go to work with a confident feeling. Out of the facial hairs, the shape of eyebrows is very important for women. When unruly hair grow up on eyebrow, it becomes essential for a woman to go to a beauty parlor for getting the shape of the eyebrow back.
What is Threading?
Threading is an option that involves using a cotton thread. The beautician holds this thread in her fingers and rows of hair on the eyebrow and pulls hair out of their roots. Threading is faster as you do not have to wait for the wax to set in or so. Threading is also healthier as no chemicals are used in the process. This is the best choice for sensitive skin. However, once you have done threading the hair can grow back very quickly.
What is Waxing?
On the other hand, waxing involves placing a cloth or paper strip containing hot wax on one side. The strip is pulled in a specific direction after placing it on the part of the eyebrow that needs to be plucked. This is done by the beautician in a swift movement causing as little pain as possible to the client. Waxing is a method that works well, and hair does not grow back that quickly as is the case with threading. However, for women with sensitive skin, waxing may not be recommended, and threading is the only temporary option available.
Waxing strips for eyebrows act like a stencil as they are cut in many shapes corresponding to eyebrows. A client can have a look at these stencils and choose what she believes can give her face a better look. These stencils carry wax at the edges and when applied on eyebrows remove only that part of the eyebrow that is unwanted. Some pressure needs to be applied on the strips and then it is removed in a swift movement. The method is a little painful and leaves the skin red and a little inflamed, but the symptoms go away in a few hours.
What is the difference between Threading and Waxing?
• Definitions of Threading and Waxing:
• Threading is using a piece of cotton thread to remove facial hair.
• Waxing is using wax to remove facial hair.
• Chemical Use:
• There is no chemical used on the skin, and thus threading is considered to be more hygienic and safe.
• For waxing, you have to use chemicals. So, in the long run, it is not very good for your health.
• Some say threading is less painful than waxing.
• Some say waxing is less painful than threading.
• The amount of pain is personal.
• Waiting Time:
• You do not have to wait in threading and can begin threading as soon as you get to the salon.
• For waxing, you have to wait until the wax is hardened or dried.
• Sensitive Skin:
• Threading is the good choice for sensitive skin as it does not involve chemicals.
• Waxing is not a good choice for sensitive skin as it involves chemicals.
• Hair Growing Back:
• Hair that has undergone threading grows back quickly. For some people, this can be as soon as two weeks.
• Hair that has been waxed takes longer to grow back. A person gets about a month before the hair grows back.
Threading gives more liberty as the beautician sees and removes hair using a thread on the face of the client. However, waxing comes with a stencil that just has to be put on the eyebrow of the client neatly and correctly. Whatever you choose, consider about your skin too before you make a choice.