Wig vs Weave
Never judge a book by its cover they say but the people who believed in this saying never got a chance to see the beauties changing their looks and personalities with the help of wigs and weaves nowadays. It has become very common these days to enhance your looks by changing your hairstyle and even hair texture by making use of wigs or weave. However, these two methods to have enhanced hairstyle are different from each other. This article talks about the differences between wig and weave.
A wig, also called a hairpiece or toupee, is a covering made for the use of people who want to conceal their baldness or thinning of hair. This covering is made of synthetic or real human hair and is worn over the head just as people wear their jacket over their bodies. Nowadays, wig is adorned, not just to hide a hair problem, but also to enhance or change one’s overall look and appearance. There was a time when the use of wigs was considered bad and only associated with old age grannies and aunties, but today they are increasingly being used by people of young ages too. You can see teenagers like Miley Cyrus aka Hannah donning wigs to have an enhanced personality these days. A wig is like a cap worn over your head, and you cannot adjust it in public for fear of others knowing that you have a toupee over your head.
Weave is the process of sewing or gluing hair to your natural hair to add volume, length and bounce to your own hair. These hair extensions may be natural or synthetic. They are available in many different shades and are usually attached to your hair by a professional in a beauty salon. The added hairs remain in place for a long time and give a stable appearance to you.
What is the difference between a Wig and a Weave?
• A wig, also called a hairpiece or toupee, is a covering made of synthetic or real human hair and is worn over the head, to conceal baldness or thinning of hair.
• Weave is used by women in the form of hair extensions, to enhance their hair and overall looks.
• You can take off your wig anytime you so desire giving you the liberty to change your looks depending upon the occasion. On the other hand, weave is sewn or glued to your own hair which means you cannot just take it away anytime you want.
• Weaves can harm your hair as they make use of chemicals to attach to your natural hair.
• Wigs have stigma attached to them, whereas weave is fashionable and become very popular among young people too.
Leave a Reply