Anime vs Manga
Anime and Manga are two art mediums that have similar origins, but show some differences between them. Anime is defined by animated movement whereas manga exists on the page. In fact, it should be understood that many cartoons that we view on the television these days are of the anime style. The reason most people confuse one with the other is due to the fact that both these creations have a Japanese origin. However, there is a difference between them, which makes using one term for the other wrong. Therefore, before using the word anime or manga for a cartoon creation, you should be able to identify it for what it really is.
What is Manga?
Manga is a type of graphic novel that is popular among children as a comic book with graphics. In short, it can be said that the word manga would mean comics. Literally, the word manga in Japanese reads as ‘whimsical drawings.’ So, manga is generally read. It is interesting to note that the comic books made in Japan are all called as manga in the United States. It is a general practice to call all comic novels as manga in the United States.
As a matter of fact, the manga stories are long ones in the sense that they run into more than one volume at times. The characters too appear to be real in manga type of comic books.
Manga graphic novels are sometimes endowed with nudity and sex when compared to anime. When they are sold in the United States they are generally cleaned up. There are actually manga created from young children to perverted men. So, one has to be careful while buying manga for one’s kid. Especially, the parents have to be careful in selecting a manga appropriate to their child.
Though manga is used to refer to all comic novels in United States, typically manga is black and white in colour. Manga is the basis for some anime. That does not mean every anime is created based on manga. There are manga that have never been made into anime.
To make a manga, one does not have to have a lot of people. Usually, a mangaka and an editor is enough. A mangaka is usually the author and the illustrator.
What is Anime?
Anime, on the other hand, is a word that describes Japanese animation. Some of the well-known examples of anime that you might have watched on the television are Pokeman and Doraemon. Anime is generally watched.
Anime is very colourful. As they are Japanese cartoon videos, they are either released to the home video or are aired on television. Producing an anime is a huge responsibility that requires the involvement of a number of people as well as an animation studio.
What is the difference between Anime and Manga?
Anime and manga both belong to the world of comics, but have some differences in meaning and usage, in Japanese, which is the origin of both.
• Manga is a cartoon that appears in a paper or such printed media. Anime is an animated cartoon. That is to say it is an animated film that uses cartoon images.
• One of the important differences between the anime and manga is that manga graphic novels are sometimes endowed with nudity and sex when compared to anime.
• One of the most important differences between anime and manga is that anime is generally watched whereas manga is generally read.
• Manga exists for young children up to perverted men.
• Mangas are sometimes the basis for anime.
• Manga is easier to create as only two people, mangaka and the editior, are sufficient for creation.
• Anime is harder to create as it involves a large number of people with an animation studio.