Blazer vs Jacket
Blazers and jackets are two integral accessories found in men’s wardrobe that they wear on different occasions. These are actually types of coats that are worn over shirts over the upper part of the body though men also wear blazers and jackets over polo T-shirts. Many often remain confused between a jacket and a blazer mainly because both do not require a matching pant or trouser and are available as independently or standalone garment or accessory. However, there are many differences between a jacket and a blazer that will be highlighted in this article, to enable readers to wear them on right occasions.
Blazer is a type of formal coat that is made from wool and is available in solid dark shades. Blazers are mostly plain in color with navy blue being the most popular color of the fabric of blazers. Blazers are commonly used as winter uniform part in schools, offices, airlines, and many institutions of the world.
Blazers are formal attire and are seen in some sports like tennis and cricket even today while other sports have moved ahead and adopted sport jackets as formal attire for members of different sporting teams and clubs.
Blazers have metallic buttons that distinguish them from all other types of coats and jackets. These buttons are mostly golden though, in some cases, silver buttons are also used. Blazers are mostly worn over trousers though some people wear them over denims these days.
One more fact makes blazers different from other styles of coats is that they are always made of woolen fabrics.
Jacket is the ubiquitous upper garment worn by men in all parts of the world. Jackets are of many styles and designs and are made of various fabrics with woolen fabric being the most common. Sport jackets have revolutionized the world of jackets though leather jackets and woolen jackets for men and women have been in great demand all over the globe.
Jackets are made in all shades and colors, and they have patterns like checks and stripes. Jackets come in different lengths, and there are short jackets and also long ones to protect in extreme cold conditions. Jackets are open in front and can have buttons or zip. Jackets have long sleeves though these days sleeveless jackets are also getting popular.
Difference Between Blazer and Jacket
• Jackets and blazers have different purposes and styles
• Jackets are more casual than blazers
• Blazers are mostly woolen with solid colors while jackets are made with different fabrics in all types of shades
• Jackets can have front buttons or zips while blazers always have metallic buttons in front
• Sport jackets have revolutionized jackets in all parts of the world in different sporting events
• Jackets have stripes or checks as patterns while blazers are mostly plain and have badges on front breast pocket
• Blazers are adopted by schools and offices, in addition to institutions, as part of their winter uniforms