Queen vs Full Bed
Before we move ahead, trying to find out the difference between Queen and Full, let it be clear to you that these are the names of types of beds and the only point of difference between them is their dimensions. Of course, there are many more like single, twin, double, and king bed. So, if you are in the market to purchase a bed for your personal use, it is helpful to know the differences between these differently named beds. That way you can choose a bed that suits your height very well. However, make sure to choose a bed that you can easily fit into your room too.
Final selection of a bed is dictated by one’s requirements and budget. If you are buying a bed for your kids, you would obviously go for single beds and place them apart to let each kid have some privacy, and a sense of owning his bed. The same applies to a guest room, where it is prudent to keep a small furniture piece in between single beds to let two individuals have some privacy while sleeping.
What is a Full Bed?
Full beds are wider than single beds. They are designed to allow two people to sleep together on a bed. The dimensions of a full bed are 75 × 54 inches. That is 191 x 137 in centimeters. This implies that an individual gets just 27 inches space for himself, which is even less than a single bed, where a person gets 39 inches of space for himself. To make matters worse, the length of 75 inches is too small for comfort for some full grown adults, who are more than 6 feet in height.
What is a Queen Bed?
To overcome these problems people have in sleeping in full beds, Queen bed was designed.The queen bed has been standardized at 80 x 60 inches. This means it is 203 x 152 centimeters. This means a tall person gets full 5 inches extra for his comfort while he also gets 3 more inches in width to sleep comfortably. Thus, the difference between a full bed and a queen bed lies in both length and width, which have been increased by 5 inches and 6 inches respectively. These changes have been done taking into account taller adults, and also thicker people as more space in terms of width has also been provided. Thus, queen is simply an oversized full bed, and you must keep in mind the space available in your room before finalizing the queen bed. Of course, this necessitates purchasing queen sized mattresses and sheets every time.
What is the difference between Queen and Full Bed?
• Dimensions of a full bed are 75 × 54 inches. That is 191 x 137 in centimeters.
• Dimensions of a queen bed, which is a type of double bed, are larger than simple double or full bed.
• Queen bed stands at 80 × 60 inches. This means it is 203 x 152 centimeters. These larger dimensions allow 5 extra inches for taller adults, and 3 inch extra space for each individual in terms of width to allow them to sleep comfortably.
• Width per person in a full bed is 27 inches while it is 30 inches in a Queen bed.
• From the two, the full bed and the mattress that fits it are cheaper than the queen bed that is larger.
• Though a queen bed is more expensive than a full bed, it is cheaper than a king bed.
• Full bed is more suitable for a single person as it does not have that much space for two people to share it comfortably. However, smaller couples with smaller body frames use full beds without trouble.
• Queen bed is more suitable for a couple as it gives you enough space to share with someone else. Queen bed is also your choice if you are a taller person.
If you are not buying for kids and guests, and you happen to be over 6 feet in height, it is better to go for a queen bed. Just make sure that it fits in easily in the space in your room. Now, that you know the difference between queen and full bed, you will be able to make good choices in buying a bed next time.