Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Since Apple iPhone 6 Plus and Samsung Galaxy Note 4 are very recent and high-tech smartphones which were introduced just a few months ago in September 2014, this article focuses on the difference between Apple iPhone 6 Plus and Samsung Galaxy Note 4. A major difference between iPhone 6 Plus and Galaxy Note 4 is that iPhone 6 Plus is designed by Apple and Galaxy Note 4 is designed by Samsung. Another important difference is in the operating system. iOS 8 is the operating system found in iPhone 6 Plus while Android 4.4.4 (KitKat) is the operating system found in Galaxy Note 4. Both phones are approximately the same size and weight except the fact that iPhone 6 Plus is slimmer. Apart from that there are many differences in the hardware and the specification. For example , iPhone 6 Plus comprises a dual core processor when the Galaxy note 4 comprises a quad core processor. Also, the RAM capacity of the Galaxy note 4 is thrice the RAM capacity in Apple iPhone 6 Plus. When the resolution in megapixels is considered Galaxy Note 4 is ahead of iPhone 6 Plus by twice. Even though the values of specifications in processors and RAM capacity are high in Galaxy Note 4, according to results of various bench mark tests, the performance of the two devices are otherwise. For example, according to benchmark tests by Basemark OS II and GFXBench, which measure the overall performance as well as graphics performance, the Apple iPhone 6 Plus is ahead of Galaxy Note 4.
Apple iPhone 6 Plus Review – features of Apple iPhone 6 Plus
This is one of the latest and most sophisticated iPhones introduced by Apple up to today. Furnished with an Apple A8 chip that consists an ARM based Dual-core 1.4 GHz Cyclone processor and a PowerVR GX 6450 GPU, together with 1GB of RAM it supports applications and games at superb performance. The 8MP camera combined with unique features such as optical image stabilization, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash and many other features allow capturing of photos of great quality. A resolution of 1080p at 60fps with optical stabilization feature enables recording of very detailed videos. The fingerprint sensor that comprise Touch ID technology lets the usage of fingerprint as the password providing very high level of security. Different models are available for different prices, where the storage capacity can be selected from either 16GB or 64GB or 128 GB. However, one drawback is that iPhone 6 Plus does not support memory card, but a size like 128GB is a huge storage capacity for a smartphone. The display has a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels and about 401 ppi pixel density and the images rendered are clear even at wide viewing angles. Dimensions are 158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm making it a very slim phone. The weight is 172 g. Hardware also includes sensors such as accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, compass and barometer. The operating system found on iPhone 6 Plus is iOS 8 which is upgradable to version 8.1. This operating system is a very simple but very user-friendly one with minimal delays and crashes.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Review – features of Samsung Galaxy Note 4
This is a very recent smartphone introduced by Samsung with stunning specifications. The processor being Quad core with 3GB of RAM make it is very close to the values of a notebook computer. 3GB of RAM is a really large capacity for a smartphone that will enable huge degree of multitasking and running of any memory hungry app. The size is 153.5 x 78.6 x 8.5 mm and the weight is 176g. A special feature in Galaxy Note 4 is that it supports control by‘S pen stylus’ which makes it possible to take onscreen notes or draw figures very easily. With an immense resolution 1440 x 2560 pixels with 515 ppi pixel density, the screen can render pictures at great quality and detail. With a powerful GPU together with a superb resolution, this is the ideal phone for games that requires sophisticated graphics. The camera is 16MP which is a huge resolution for a camera on a smartphone. Videos can be recorded at an immense resolution of 2160p. There are lot of sensors in the phone such as accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor , compass and barometer just like in iPhone 6 Plus, but apart from that it also has very new sensors that can sense gesture, UV, heart rate and SpO2, making the smart phone an ideal device to sense the changes happening in the environment. The device runs the latest Android 4.4.4 edition which is also known as KitKat. This operating system lets a huge degree of customizations, as necessarily as the user wishes.
What is the difference between Apple iPhone 6 Plus and Samsung Galaxy Note 4?
• Apple designs IPhone 6 Plus, but Samsung designs galaxy Note 4. Both were unveiled in September 2014.
• IPhone 6 Plus has dimensions of 158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm and Galaxy Note 4 has dimensions of 153.5 x 78.6 x 8.5. So iPhone 6 Plus is much thinner than the Galaxy Note 4.
• IPhone 6 Plus is 172g and Galaxy Note 4 is 176g.
• Galaxy Note 4 supports usage of a stylus pen called “S Pen Stylus” that ensures easy and precise drawing, writing and control. However, iPhone 6 Plus do es not have this feature.
• The sims supported by Apple iPhone 6 Plus are nanosims while they must be micro Sims for Galaxy Note 4.
• The processor in iPhone 6 Plus is an ARM based Dual-core 1.4 GHz Cyclone processor while the processor is Quad core in Galaxy Note 4. In SM-N910S model of Galaxy Note 4 processor is a Quad-core 2.7 GHz Krait 450. In SM-N910C model of Galaxy Note 4, the processor is a Quad core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53 or a Quad-core 1.9 GHz Cortex-A57.
• IPhone 6 Plus has a RAM capacity of just 1GB, but Galaxy Note 4 has a RAM of 3GB.
• IPhone 6 Plus has different models with storage capacities of 16GB, 64GB and 128 GB. However, any Galaxy Note 4 has a storage capacity of just only 32GB. On the other hand, iPhone 6 Plus do es not support memory cards while cards up to 128GB are supported on Galaxy Note 4.
• The GPU found in iPhone 6 Plus is PowerVR GX6450. In Galaxy Note 4, the GPU is either Adreno 420 or Mali-T760 depending on the model, whether it is SM-N910S or SM-N910C.
• The resolution of the screen in iPhone 6 Plus is 1080 x 1920 pixels at 401 ppi pixel density. In Galaxy Note 4, this is 1440 x 2560 pixels with 515 ppi pixel density.
• The technology of the display in iPhone 6 Plus is LED-backlit IPS LCD. The technology in Galaxy Note 4 for the display is Super AMOLED. iPhone display is made of Shatter proof glass while the display of Galaxy Note 4 is made of Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
• Primary camera in iPhone 6 Plus is 8MP. It is 16MP on Galaxy Note 4.
• iPhone 6 Plus allows video capturing at 1080p at 60 fps or 720p at 240fps while Galaxy Note 4 supports 2160p at 30fps, 1080p at 60fps.
• Secondary camera on IPhone 6 Plus is 1.2MP that supports up to 720p while on Galaxy Note 4 it is 3.7MP that support up to 1440p.
• Both have USB interfaces but Galaxy Note 4 supports special features such as USB Host, USB On-the-go.
• Galaxy Note 4 has extra sensors such as gesture, UV, heart rate and SpO2 that are not found on iPhone 6 Plus.
• iPhone 6 Plus runs iOS 8 while Galaxy Note 4 runs Android KitKat.
In a nutshell:
Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Both are latest and highest tech smartphones which are as powerful as tablets. Apple iPhone 6 Plus runs iOS 8, which is a very simple and user-friendly operating system. On the other hand, Galaxy Note 4 runs Android KitKat, which is a very customizable operating system. When compare the specifications of iPhone 6 Plus and Galaxy Note 4, such as the processor and RAM capacity, they are quite large in Galaxy Note 4. However, as discussed above different benchmark tests show that the performance of iPhone 6 Plus is still better than Galaxy Note 4. A very special feature in Galaxy Note 4 is that it supports S Pen stylus which enables easy writing and drawing on the screen and precise control capabilities.
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus by Kārlis Dambrāns (CC BY 2.0)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by Kārlis Dambrāns (CC BY 2.0)