Cabling vs Wiring
When it comes to installation of any electrical or electronic gadget or network then cabling and wiring form the nerves to carry electrical current or pulses. Cabling and wiring is almost one and the same thing with a slight difference that laying a cable defines that advance and sophisticated gadgets are connected through it when compared to wiring. Wiring is done for less sophisticated systems and general household gadgets are connected to electrical line through wiring.
Earlier wires were also known as cables but with the advancement of technology wires have remained wires and cables have become very advance mode of carrying pulses and data over long distances. There are different types of cables like fiber optic that carry data in the form of electrical pulses from continents to continents. The biggest advantage of cabling is that cables are capable of carrying electrical pulses at lightning speed without incurring any losses during the process. Cabling is also done to connect computer networks where high speed and precision is required.
Wiring is done with conventional copper or aluminum wires as the conducting medium. Wiring is generally done to connect electrical gadgets to supply electrical current to them. Wiring is done in a building or a house so that electrical current reaches the place where the owner wants to place his electrical gadgets. Wiring is done at the places to provide electrical current to light fixtures.
Difference Between Cabling and Wiring
• Wiring is done in small areas but when it is done for long distances it is called cabling.
• Cabling is done for high speed and efficiency but wiring is done at places where efficiency is not the matter of prime importance.
• Wiring is done with the wires that have metals of high conductivity as their core. Cabling is done with conventional wires as well as with other sophisticated cables like fiber optic.
• Cabling is done for various purposes like internet connection, computer networks and many other sophisticated jobs but wiring is done to connect electrical gadgets.
• Cabling carries various forms of energy like light and electrical pulses but wiring carries only electrical current.