Hulk vs Incredible Hulk
Hulk and Incredible Hulk are two movies on the same fictional character Hulk. While Hulk was released in 2003, Incredible Hulk got released in 2008. Despite being movies on the same superhero, there are many differences between Hulk and incredible Hulk that will be highlighted in this article.
Hulk is the name of a movie made by director Ang Lee on the superhero called Hulk. The actors playing major roles in this film were Eric Bana, Jennifer Connelly, josh Lucas, and Nick Nolte. Though the film was not a success at the box office, a sequel was made in 2008 that was named Incredible Hulk.
In Hulk, Eric Bana plays the role of a genetics scientist who has discovered how to mutate genes of human beings so as to create people with a stronger immune system capable of healing itself quickly. The scientist asks for permission to make such super soldiers for the army, but is denied the permission. So Eric Bana decides to experiment upon himself.
Incredible Hulk takes the story of Hulk forward. This time around, the movie was directed by Louis Leterrier and the role of Bruce, son of the genetics scientist Eric Bana in the original Hulk is played by Edward Norton.
What is the difference between Hulk and Incredible Hulk?
• While Eric Bana played the character of Hulk in the original movie, Edward Norton has played the role with great finesse in Incredible Hulk
• People have been able to identify with the character of Hulk better this time around
• The special effects in Incredible Hulk are far better than those in Hulk
• Incredible Hulk has grossed much higher than Hulk
• Hulk was directed by Ang Lee whereas the director of Incredible Hulk is Louis Leterrier
• The scenes in both movies where Hulk fights with army are terrific, but the manner in which Hulk takes on tanks in Hulk is really awesome
• Ang Lee was torn between portraying Hulk as a hero and a villain which is why he is seen as both Dr Jeckyl and Hyde
• Incredible Hulk has a better balance of anger and action