Samsung Galaxy SII (Galaxy S2, Model GT-i9100) vs Google Nexus S
Samsung Galaxy SII (Galaxy S2) (GT-i9100) and Google Nexus S are both Android powered smart phones. Samsung Galaxy SII(2) is packed with 1.2GHz Dual Core processor whereas Nexus S comes along with 1GHz Cortex A8 processor. Samsung Galaxy SII is designed with 4.27” WVGA, 800×480 Super AMOLED Plus display whereas in Nexus S it is 4.0″ WVGA 800×480 Super AMOLED. Only 0.3 inches difference in display size. The camera in Galaxy II is more powerful and also it has double the RAM size compared to Nexus S.
Samsung Galaxy SII(or Galaxy S2)
The ultra thin (8.49 mm) Galaxy SII is packed with many advanced features; it is to feature a 4.27″ WVGA Super AMOLED plus touch screen and said to contain a Samsung 1.0 GHz Dual Core Application processor, 8 megapixels camera with LED flash, touch focus and 1080p HD video recording, 2 megapixels front facing camera for video calling, 1GB RAM, 16GB memory expandable with microSD card, Bluetooth 3.0 support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, HDMI out, DLNA support, mobile hotspot support and to run Android’s latest OS Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).
The Galaxy S II will give users a new experience with its latest TouchWiz 4.0 UI. In addition to providing a good multimedia experience, Samsung Galaxy S II also has included Cisco Conferencing Service for enterprises.
Google Nexus S
Nexus S was designed jointly by Samsung and Google to give the full experience of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). It’s equipped with 4.0 inches ” WVGA 800×480 Super AMOLED display, 1GHz Cortex A8 processor, 5 megapixels camera with 720p video recording, front facing VGA camera for video calling, 16GB flash memory and sensors like haptic feedback vibration, three axis gyroscope. The Nexus S display is made in to a contour shape with curved glass screen to fit comfortably in to the palm.
For connectivity, Nexus S supports quad band GSM, tri band HSPA, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1, micro USB, and NFC. The device powered by Android 2.3 Honeycomb gives much new functionality to the phone and access to Android Market.
|Difference between Galaxy SII( Galaxy S2) (GT-i9100) and Nexus S
As the later entrant Galaxy S II has more advantage compared to Nexus S. The notable differences are;
1. The display, Galaxy S II has larger screen compared to Nexus S
2. Galaxy S II take the lead in the processor as well with 1.0 GHz Dual Core against Nexus’s 1GHz Cortex A8 processor.
3. Camera too is more powerful in Galaxy II, it has 8 MP with 1080p video capture while Nexus S trail behind with 5.0 MP, 720p video capture. However 5.0 MP with 720p video capture is good enough.
4. The main memory in Samsung II is 1GB while Nexus S has got 512MB. This again gives a lead to Samsung II over Nexus S.
- Difference Between Samsung Galaxy S II(2) (GT-i9100) and Motorola Atrix 4G
- Difference Between Samsung Galaxy S II(2) (GT-i9100) and LG Optimus 3D
- Difference Between Samsung Galaxy S2 (Galaxy S II) (i9100) and Galaxy S
- Difference Between T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4G and Samsung Galaxy S
- Difference Between Google Nexus S and Apple iPhone 4