Apple iOS 4.2 (iOS 4.2.1) vs Apple iOS 4.3
Apple iOS 4.2 and Apple iOS 4.3 are two versions of Apple operating system. Apple iOS 4.3 was released with iPad 2 in early March 2011. Apple iOS 4.3 has more features in addition to the features in Apple iOS 4.2. The last Apple iOS for iPad, iPod touch and iPhone was 4.2.1, which was released in November 2010. Apple iOS 4.2 (Apple iOS 4.2 full features) offered many good features and functions like multitasking, background audio, voice over IP, location notifications, Airplay, Airprint, Ad, Find my phone, Game center, directory enhancement, messages with tone and supports 50 languages. The OS for Verizon iPhone 4, which is a CDMA iPhone, was released with 4.2.6.
Apple iOS 4.3
|Apple iOS 4.3
Release: March 2011
1. Improvements to Safari Performance with Nitro JavaSript Engine
2. iTunes home sharing – get all iTunes content from anywhere in the house to iPhone, iPad and iPod over shared Wi-Fi. You can play it direct without download or sync
3. AirPlay features improved – stream videos from photo apps direct to HDTV via Apple TV, Auto search Apple TV, Built in slideshow options for photo
4. Support Video, Audio editing Apps in Apps Store such as iMovie
5. Preference for iPad Switch to mute or rotation lock
6. Personal hotspot (iPhone 4 only feature) – you can connect up to 5 devices over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB; up to 3 of those connections over Wi-Fi. Auto switch off to save power when personal hotspot no longer in use.
7. Supports additional multifinger multitouch gestures and swipes. (This feature is not available for users, only for developers for testing)*
8. Parental Control – users can restrict access to some applications.
9. HDMI capability – you can connect to HDTV or any other HDMI device via Apple Digital AV adapter (need to purchase separately) and share 720p HD videos from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch (4th generation only).
10. Push notifications for comments and follow requests and you can Post and Like songs directly from the Now Playing screen.
11. Improvement to message setting – you can set the number of times to repeat an alert.
12. Improvement to call feature – with single tap you can make conference call and pause to send a passcode.
* Apple has included a new multitasking gestures for iPad in the latest SDK release for developers to test multi finger pinch and swipe. However this feature is not available for users. We can expect this to come in iOS 5 with iPhone 5 release. With that feature, you can use multi fingers to pinch to the Homescreen, swipe up to reveal the multitasking bar, and swipe left or right between apps.
Two applications are introduced with iOS 4.3. One is the new version of the iMovie, Apple boasts it as a precision editor and with iMovie you can send HD video around with one tap (you don’t have to go through iTunes). With one tap you can share it with your social network, YouTube, FaceBook, Vimeo and many other. Its priced at $4.99. With the new iMovie you get over 50 sound effects and additional themes such as Neon. Music automatically switches with themes. It supports multitrack audio recording, Airplay to Apple TV and it is an universal application.
GarageBand app is the other, you can plug in touch instruments (Grand Piano, Organ, Guitars, Drums, Bass), get 8tracks recording and effects, 250+ loops, email AAC file of your song and it is compatible with Mac version. This also priced at $4.99.
|Apple iOS 4.2.1|
2. Organize apps in to folders with drag and drop feature
3. AirPrint – send to print directly from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
4. AirPlay – stream ITunes library to AppleTV and AirPlay without download or sync
5. Find My iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – locate your missing device on map, remotely set passcode lock
6. Game Centre – play social games, play with friends, track achievement and compare with friend’s
7. Email features – unified mail box, organize message by threads, open attachments in 3rd party apps