Samsung Galaxy M pro vs Y Pro
Samsung has announced its naming strategy for its siblings in the Galaxy family. For Samsung, Galaxy S created a new space in the smart phone market. Now it’s devising a new strategy to expand its Galaxy family to attract diverse user groups. In addition to the popular S series (S for Super Smart), now its has added four more profiles; M (Magical), R (Royal), W (Wonder) and Y (Young). In the continuum of its mobile portfolio, S is at the higher end with dual core processor, and Y is at the other end, which is an entry level phone, designed for the price sensitive market. Other three are in the order of R, W, and M; R being a premium device, very close to S, and M is just before Y and offers a better performance than Y. Also, Samsung has announced further classification to these brands such as “pro”, “plus”, and “LTE”. If the phone name has a suffix “pro”, then it has a QWERTY key board. “Plus” denotes upgrade to an available model, and “LTE” indicates that the phone is 4G LTE compatible.
This explains that both Galaxy M pro and Y pro have QWERTY keyboards; they are QWERTY bars, remember it is not sliding or flip models, but M is a better phone than Y, which is an entry level phone.
What is the difference between Galaxy M pro and Y pro?
• Both devices run Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and have QWERTY keyboard and touch screen.
• Y pro is slimmer but bigger and bulkier than M pro.
• M pro has optical track pad, which is missing in Y pro.
• While M pro has 1 GHz processor, Y pro has 875 MHz only.
• M pro display is 2.66″ HVGA(480×320) TFT LCD, while it is 2.6″ LQVGA(320×240) TFT LCD in Y pro
• While M pro has 1GB user memory with 2.5GB SD card, Y pro has 160MB user memory with 2GB SD card. Both memories can be expanded up to 32GB with microSD cards.
• M pro holds a 1,350mAh standard battery, while it is 1,200mAh in Y pro. Rated talk time of M pro is 375min, whereas, in Y pro, it is 460min.