T-Mobile MyTouch 4G vs Samsung Galaxy S 4G
T-Mobile MyTouch 4G and Samsung Galaxy S 4G (Model SGH-T959) are two premium 4G phones served by T-Mobile. T-Mobile MyTouch 4G is in the T-Mobile’s line up of MyTouch Android phones. Both Samsung Galaxy S 4G and T-Mobile MyTouch 4G run Android 2.2 and support T-Mobile HSPA+ network. Both perform well at 4G speed backed by 1 GHz processor, multitasking and browsing are smooth and the call quality also good. Both have the mobile hotspot (can connect up to 5 devices), Visual Voice mail and mobile video chat (powered by Qik) without buffering among many other attractive features. However for web based applications such as qik and mobile hotspot you need to have the broadband package from T-Mobile. Some of the other common features in both devices are, VGA front facing camera for video calls, GPS with navigation capability, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Swype text input, full web browsing with Adobe Flash Player 10.1 support.
Though both T-Mobile MyTouch 4G and Samsung Galaxy S 4G have many similarities they have many differences too. Some of the differences are the display size and type, weight, RAM size, storage capacity, camera flash and the UI (TouchWiz in Galaxy S 4G and HTC Sense in MyTouch 4G). More than all the price, T-Mobile has priced MyTouch at $250 and Galaxy S 4G is available for $200. T-Mobile has preloaded many applications and entertainment packages to both the devices. Some of them are Faves Gallery, Media Hub – direct access to MobiTV, Double Twist (you can sync to iTunes over Wi-Fi), Slacker Radio and the action movie Inception. Amazon Kindle, YouTube and Facebook are integrated with Android. In addtion both have access to Android Market.
Samsung Galaxy S 4G
Samsung Galaxy S 4G (model SGH-T959) boast about its 4″super AMOLED screen, which is brighter with vivid colors, light responsive and reduced glare with 180 degree viewing angle. The Super AMOLED display is a unique feature of Galaxy S series. The other features include 5.0 megapixel auto focus camera, 3D sound, 720p HD video recording and play, 16GB internal memory expandable up to 32GB and 1GHz Hummingbird processor and DLNA certified. Galaxy S 4G is said to consume 20% less power than its previous models. Samsung claims Galaxy S 4G as eco friendly, it is said to be the first mobile phone that is 100% biodegradable.
As an added attraction, the device comes with the action film Inception pre installed on the 16 GB memory card.
On the content side it has a huge collection with Samsung Apps and Android Market. Not limited to this, it has integrated Amazon Kindle and MobiTV. Amazon Kindle has over 600,000 ebooks in store.
T-Mobile MyTouch 4G
MyTouch 4G from HTC for T-Mobile is another amazing Android 2.2 phone that gives you the 4G experience with T-Mobile. It’s featuring 3.8” high resolution WVGA screen with 1GHz snapdragon processor, 5.0 mega pixel camera with LED flash, VGA front facing camera, HD video recording, 4GB ROM and 8GB microSD card included, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n and has 768MB RAM.
T-Mobile MyTouch 4G offers you three colors to choose, red, white and black.
|Difference between T-Mobile MyTouch 4G and Samsung Galaxy S 4G
1. Manufacturer – T-Mobile MyTouch 4G is from the manufacturer HTC and Samsung Galaxy S 4G is from Samsung.
2. Display – T-Mobile MyTouch 4G has 3.8 inches TFT LCD screen while Galaxy S 4G has 4 inches Super AMOLED display, which is more responsive and display rich images that are more bright with vivid colors.
3. RAM – T-Mobile MyTouch 4G has 768 MB while Galaxy S 4G has only 512 MB
4. Storage – T-Mobile MyTouch 4G has 4GB ROM with pre installed 8 GB microSD card while Galaxy S 4G is packed with 16 GB microSD card. Both support upgrade up to 32 GB with microSD card.
5. Camera Flash – Though both have 5.0 megapixel camera with HD 720p video capturing capability Galaxy S 4G doesnot have flash support whereas LED flash is available with MyTouch 4G.
6. Weight – MyTouch 4G is little buliker than Galaxy S 4G. MyTouch 4G weighs 5.4 ounches and 0.43 inches thick and Galaxy S 4G is 4.16 oz at 0.39 inches thickness.
7.Price – T-Mobile has priced MyTouch at $250 and Galaxy S 4G is available for $200.