Teaching vs Training
Difference between teaching and training is that teaching is a process of imparting knowledge and skills by a teacher to a learner, which involve activities like educating or instructing while training is a learning process that involves the acquisition of knowledge, sharpening of skills, concepts and rules. Both teaching and training is related with building the competencies of an individual. Mostly, teaching is practiced in schools while training is practiced in workplaces. This article does a small analysis about these two concepts, teaching and training.
What is Teaching?
Teaching is a process of educating a person with theoretical concepts and is a kind of a knowledge transfer between a teacher and a student.The role of the teacher is to act as a facilitator of learning by leading discussions, providing opportunities to ask open-ended questions, guiding the processes and tasks and enabling the active participation of learners and to engage with ideas. Teachers are occupied in schools with the main purpose of educating the children to grow as good citizens in the world. Children today are the future leaders of the society. Therefore, teaching can be considered as an important concept.
What is Training?
Training is a technique frequently used in organizations to build a person’s skills, knowledge and attitudes in order to meet the accepted standards by a specific industry. Even though, the person has attained the highest academic qualifications, every person who join the organizations as an employee has to undergo training for a specific period .
Training can be offered as on the job training or off the job training. Depending on the job position it may vary. On the job training refers to the training offered to the employees while they are performing job activities. Most often this type of training is offered to the employees who have a similar work experience in some other workplace. Off the job training is offered to these employees initially to build their competencies to match with the job requirements. Then, those who complete their training period/probation period are appointed as permanent employees in the company. This type of off the job training is offered to the freshers who newly join the organization after their graduation or high school.
What is the difference between Teaching and Training?
• Teaching is related to theoretical concepts while training is the practical application of knowledge.
• Training has a more specific focus than teaching.
• Teaching seeks to impart new knowledge while training equips the already knowledgeable with tools and techniques to develop a specific skill set.
• One of the objectives of teaching is to enrich the minds of the listeners while the main objective of training is to mold habits or performance of the individuals.
• Teaching is, usually, within the context of the academic world, while training is associated with the commercial world.
• Usually, teachers give feedback to their students, while trainers receive feedback from the trainees.
• In order to build up as a competent professional,a person need to have a go od understanding about the theoretical concepts as well as he/she need to have the practical exposure. Therefore, teaching and training are equally important concepts.
- Difference Between Teaching and Preaching
- Difference Between Teaching and Learning
- Difference Between Education and Training
- Difference Between Orientation and Training