US Army vs US Marines
US Army and US Marines are two specialized forces of the Armed Forces of America that are used for different purposes. While the US Army is a full fledged part of the armed forces like US Air Force and US Navy, US Marines are a sub unit of the US Navy that helps the navy and clears the ground in an enemy territory for the navy to take control. Though both US army and US marines carry out land operations, marines mostly operate near coastal areas as their primary duty is to help the navy in its operations. There are differences between US Army and US Marines that will be highlighted in this article.
US marines came into existence way back in 1775 to specialize in combat operations, to clear the territory for US Navy, and since their inception, it is US marines who are first sent to enemy territory to gain control and clear the land for US Navy and later US Army to take over. US marines are set into action in every war on foreign soil, and freed from action when US Army is ready to gain control over the are cleared by the Marines. Marine Corps is a special force ready for specialized action. The motto of the Marines is once a marine, always a marine, and it signifies the importance of being a marine. Once a man has earned the title of a marine, he remains a marine all his life. US marines is the most loyal, most feared and most revered fighting force in the whole world. Marines have a reputation to serve, an excellence that marines have earned because of their professionalism and efficiency that they have shown in every part of the world.
US Army is a part of the armed forces and is responsible for ground operations in the enemy territory through infantry and its aircrafts. US army is a well trained, well equipped and well armed force that relieves the marines when the time is ripe for it to gain control over the territory that has been captured by the Marines. The ground operations of the US military are conducted by US army alone. US army has the best of resources in terms of men, helicopters, arms, tanks, and nuclear weapons. US army is the largest specialized force in US armed forces and has two back up forces, for its help in Army Reserves and Army National Guard.
What is the difference between US Army and US Marines?
• While US Army is a part of the US armed forces, US marines are a sub division of the US navy that is a part of the US armed forces.
• Both US army, as well as US Marines, is forces specialized for ground operations. US marines are there to help Navy gain control of a foreign territory by attacking the enemy territory and clearing it for Navy to take over.
• US Army is the largest ground operation force in US armed forces and has a different role to play in the defense of the nation and fight enemy forces.
• Basic combat training of the two forces is different given differences in operations.
• US marines are always in a state of readiness and are always prepared to attack at a very short notice.
• US Army is much larger than US marines.