Christianity vs Hinduism
Christianity and Hinduism are two important religions of the world. They show quite a number of differences between them in their concepts and dogmas. Hinduism believes that all the roads lead to salvation. They recommend a number of ways to attain salvation. These ways include Gnana (knowledge), bhakti (devotion), vairagya (renunciation) and seva (service). One can reach God through any of these ways.
Christianity thoroughly believes that Bible is the only solution to all the problems. A thorough reading and understanding of the Bible is recommended by the Christians. Hinduism accepts a number of Gods and Goddesses. You have the liberty to choose your God or Goddess in the religion of Hinduism. Christianity believes only in the existence of Jesus Christ. Jesus alone is the solution for all your problems.
It is extremely difficult to trace the origin of the tenets of Hinduism. It is one of the oldest religions of the world. The origin of Christianity on the contrary can be traced to at least two thousand years.
Hinduism strictly believes that everything in the world is a part of the Almighty. They say that the Almighty exists in both good and evil. Christianity believes that evil is not created by the God. They would say that God has given all liberty to man to choose between good and evil.
One of the major differences between Christianity and Hinduism is that Hinduism is an evolving religion. It moves on by virtue of rituals. It is a religion that does not have a founder. Christianity does have a founder in Jesus Christ. This makes it very difficult to find out the beginning of Hinduism.
Christianity says that Heaven can be attained only by the favor of the Christ. Hinduism paves the way for heaven through the performances of rituals. Hinduism has the highest attainment in the procurement of a place in the realm of the Supreme Self called the Brahman.
- The difference between Christianity and Hinduism can be summarized as follows:
- Hinduism believes that everything in the world is a part of the Almighty. Christianity says that evil is not created by the God.
- Hinduism accepts several ways for salvation, whereas the Bible is the only way to attain salvation according to Christianity.
- Christianity believes only in the Jesus, whereas Hinduism believes in the existence of several Gods and Goddesses.
- Hinduism is an evolving religion and hence it would be extremely difficult to trace its beginning. One can trace the beginning of Christianity to approximately two thousand years.