Keurig vs Tassimo
Coffee is perhaps the most consumed hot beverage around the world with millions of men and women waking up and drinking hot coffee to begin their day. There are many coffee making machines in the market, but two machines that rule the roost are Keurig and Tassimo. There are lovers of Keurig, and there are also diehard fans of Tassimo making it confusing for a buyer to choose between these two brands of coffee making machines. This article attempts to find an answer to the riddle between Keurig and Tassimo.
Keurig is a US based company that is renowned the world over for its high quality coffee making machines. The company was established in 1990 by Peter Dragone and John Sylvan, and it was taken over by Green Mountain Coffee Roasters in 2006. The company claims to have nearly half a million coffee machines installed in offices, in the US. There are several models of coffee machines made by the company such as Vue and K-Cup. In K-Cup, ingredients of readymade K-Cup packs are inserted once the machine has heated up. One has to place a mug under the machine and press brew to have a great cup of coffee in 20-30 seconds.
Tassimo is a brand that was earlier owned by Braun, a subsidiary of Procter and Gamble. Later, it was purchased by Bosch. The company offers a choice of models with the basic T-Disc employed in all of them. There is the basic model called Intermediate, Suprema, and finally Premium models available in the market. In North American market, the models that are available are called T20, T45, T55, and finally T65. Tassimo Professional is a model that is mostly installed in offices. All Tassimo machines use coffee pods made by the company that have barcodes. These bar codes are read by the machine to assess the amount of water, and temperature to come up with the hot beverage in 30-60 seconds.
What is the difference between Tassimo and Keurig?
• Tassimo makes use of a barcode to read the contents to make the coffee.
• Tassimo machines can make espresso, latte, and even cappuccinos; Tassimo claims it has 8 beverage types.
• A cup of coffee costs between 60 and 90 cents with Tassimo whereas the cost is around 50 cents with Keurig.
• Around 150 types of K-Cups are available in the market, whereas less than 75 products are available for Tassimo.
• Keurig is older, having been introduced in 1990, whereas Tassimo came into existence in France, in 2004.
• K-Cups are patented coffee pods from Keurig, whereas T-Discs are the coffee pods from Tassimo.
• While Keurig can only be cleaned manually, Tassimo can be cleaned semi automatically and it can also be de-scaled
Leave a Reply