Toronto vs Vancouver
Are you planning to visit or migrate to Canada and undecided which city to go, Toronto or Vancouver, as you do not know the difference between Toronto and Vancouver? Then, this article maybe helpful to you. Toronto and Vancouver are two cities situated in Canada and offer a lot of attractions for tourists and people who are searching for jobs. These cities serve as the greatest gems that Canada owns. Vancouver has beautiful mountains by the side of the sea and the other has got towers that look high over a great lake. Vancouver is a tourist attraction inspired by nature, and Toronto is the financial center of the city with a vibrant feel of a dynamic city. Both the cities are loved by tourists and workers alike due to their beauty and environment.
The cities not only differ in location but are different from each other in many other ways too. Vancouver is like a giant pine while Toronto is a city seems to be ready for some event at every time. Natural beauty is abundant in Vancouver, and one of the most beautiful sights in the city is to see the sun slide away. Meanwhile, beauty of Patios is a treat to be watched in Toronto. Both the places have got vibrant nightclubs, lounges, bars, and great music venues. Toronto, being a larger and more focused town, gets edge over Vancouver as there is a lot to see and do here as compared to Vancouver. People in both cities are also different from each other, and people in Toronto are more loving and friendly. Both areas have positive points but taken as a whole, Toronto is a better choice than Vancouver.
More about Toronto
Toronto is the provincial capital of Ontario and is the largest city of Canada. Toronto is situated in Southern Ontario on the shore of Lake Ontario. Toronto has a number of interesting places to see such as Royal Conservatory of Music, Toronto Public Library, Toronto Island Park, Art Gallery of Ontario, Hide Park, etc.
The city has got over 2.5 million (in 2011, it was 2, 615, 060) residents making it the fifth most populous city of North America. Toronto serves as the heart of this area and is a part of densely populated region of Ontario. Toronto is considered to be the top city responsible for the economic conditions of Canada. It is one of the top financial centers of the world. The economic sector in Toronto includes finance, business services, telecommunications, aerospace, transportation, media, arts, film, television production, publishing, software production, medical research, education, tourism, engineering, and sports. Toronto has been ranked as the most expensive city of Canada to live in for the year 2006. However, by 2014, Toronto has become the second most expensive city of Canada according to the cost of living.
More about Vancouver
Vancouver is a coastal city of Canada located in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. The city has been named after the British Captain George Vancouver, who had explored it first and mapped this area in the 1970s. Vancouver has a number of interesting places to see such as Capilano Suspension Bridge, Royal Central Mall, Vancouver Aquarium, Vancouver Lookout, etc.
Vancouver is third-largest metropolitan area of the country and is the most populated area of West Canada. When it comes to population, Vancouver holds the 8th place in population in Canada as a city. It was 603, 502 in 2011. Immigration to Vancouver has increased dramatically leaving this city ethnically and linguistically diverse. 52% of its population does not speak English as first language, and 30% of the population belongs to Chinese heritage. In other words, they are the largest ethnic group in the city by now. The city has been developed to take maximum advantage from the natural sea port, which is serving as an important trade route. The Port of Vancouver is the busiest and largest in Canada. The major portion of the city is indulged in the forestry industry, which remains the backbone of the finances of the city.
What is the difference between Toronto and Vancouver?
• Toronto is the provincial capital of Ontario and is the largest city of Canada. Toronto is situated in Southern Ontario on the shore of Lake Ontario. Vancouver is a coastal city of Canada located in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia.
• Toronto has got over 2.5 million (in 2011, it was 2, 615, 060) residents making it the fifth most populous city of North America. Vancouver holds the 8th place in population in Canada as a city. It was 603, 502 in 2011. With regard to population, Toronto is ahead.
• However, when it comes to ethnic diversity at present, Vancouver shows a very high ethnic diversity. The most visible ethnic group is Vancouver is Chinese. According to 2011 census details, though Toronto also has an ethnic diversity, its diversity is more divided between many ethnic groups while a visibly huge portion is given to Chinese in Vancouver.
• When considering the cost of living, Toronto is a better option out of the two as it is the second most expensive city in 2014 while Vancouver is the first.
• Both cities have a number of interesting places to see.
• Toronto has one of the lowest crime rates. As a result, it is named as one of the safest major cities in North America. For example, in 2007, the homicide rate in Toronto was 3.3 per 100,000 people while it was 266.2 in Vancouver.
- Nathan Phillips Square by Paolo Costa Baldi (CC BY-SA 3.0)
- Downtown Vancouver by MagnusL3D (CC BY-SA 3.0)