Blue Nosed Pit vs Staffordshire Terrier
It would be interesting to know that there are certain salient facts about both of these extremely loyal and popular dogs. There are noticeable differences exhibited between Staffordshire terriers and Blue nosed pit bulls. However, the similarities are many between them, but the differences would be easy to understand after being aware of the presented information about them; indeed this article emphasizes those distinctions between them.
These dogs are also known as the American Staffordshire terrier. This breed includes medium sized dogs with a short coat of fur. They originated in the United States, but their ancestors came from England. Bulldogs were crossed with White English Terriers, Fox Terriers, and Black and Tan Terriers to develop the Staffordshire terriers. The average height of an adult is about 43 to 48 centimetres, and average weight is ranges from 18 to 23 kilograms. They are extremely strong for their size. American Staffordshire terriers have a medium sized muzzle, and it is round at the upper side. Their eyes are dark and round, and the lips are tightly closed, but there is no looseness. This dog breed has a thick, glossy, and short coat of fur. They are intelligent, and people keep them as both pets and guard dogs. Tail docking is common, but ear cropping is not very common. They have a long life that varies from 12 to 16 years.
Blue Nosed Pit Bull
This is one particular colouration, which would be possible among American pit bull terrier breed. Blue nose pit bulls have blue colour nose, eyes, and sometimes toenails. Usually, it neither is a different breed nor is a separate strain. They include medium sized dogs with a bodyweight that ranges from 14 to 41 kilograms and their height vary from 36 to 61 centimetres at the withers. Origin of this breed has taken place in the United States, but its ancestors (terriers and bulldogs) came from England and Ireland. Their musculature is smooth and well developed, but it never appears bulky. They have small ears, and round to almond shaped eyes are usual. Generally, they are friendly with their owners as well as with strangers. They have been trained for hunting purposes, as they are good chasers. A healthy pit bull terrier has an average lifespan of 14 years. Interestingly, some dubious dog breeders try to claim that Blue nose dogs as a different breed or strain, but genuine breeders do not accept it as a true excerpt.
What is the difference between Staffordshire Terrier and Blue Nosed Pit Bull?
It would be important to note this comparison relates with the differences between Staffordshire and pit bull terriers as Blue nosed dogs are not a true breed, but only a one possible colouration of pit bull terriers.
• Both are medium sized dogs originated in USA. However, the ancestors came only from England for Staffordshire terriers, while pit bull terriers have ancestors from both England and Ireland.
• Blue-nosed pit bulls are heavier and taller compared to Staffordshire terriers.
• Shoulders are heavier and stronger in Staffordshire terrier than in Blue nosed pit bull terriers.
• Ear cropping and tail docking is common for Staffordshire terriers, but those are not common in Blue nosed pit bulls.
• The diseases tolerance is higher among Staffordshire terriers than Blue nosed pit bulls.
• American Staffordshire terriers have round and dark eyes, while Blue nosed pit bulls have round to almond shaped eyes.
• Obviously, Blue nosed pit bulls have blue coloured nose, eyes, and sometimes toenails, whereas the coat colouration in Staffordshire terriers could vary according to the description above.