Maruti Alto vs Maruti Alto k10
Maruti Alto and Maruti Alto k10 are two versions of the same Alto model varying mainly in the engine capacity. Maruti Suzuki is the most popular brand of cars in India having ruled Indian roads with its flagship model of Maruti 800 for the last 25 years. Another base model called Alto was launched by Maruti that became very popular among first car buyers. Recently Maruti came up an upgraded version of Alto called Alto k10 that is fitted with its much acclaimed k series engines. What exactly is the difference between Alto 800 and Alto k10 and what are the benefits to the buyer are highlighted in this article to help a buyer so that he can make a better and informed choice.
First and perhaps the biggest difference between the two cars is in the engine capacity. While Alto has a capacity of 800 cc, Alto k10 has an improved capacity of 1000 cc.
• Maximum power generated by Alto is 46 BHP, while k10 generates a power of 67 BHP.
• Alto gives a max torque of 62 Nm @ 3000 RPM, while k10 gives a max torque of 90 Nm @ 3500 RPM
• Alto has a lever shift mechanism while k10 has ‘5 speed’ manual transmission
• Alto gave a mileage of 19.73 KMPL, while k10 gives a mileage of 20.2 KMPL which is the best mileage in A2 segment cars in India
• There is a size difference also with k10 having a length of 3620mm compared to Alto’s 3495 mm.
• K10 has 13 inch wheels compared to 12 inch wheels of Alto
• In comparison to normal tubes of Alto, k10 has tubeless tires
• Power steering is a normal standard feature in k10, while it was optional in Alto
• K10 comes with booster assisted power brakes which are not there in Alto
• K10 has lower levels of emissions than Alto
Apart from these, there are differences that are visible at first glance. These include better styled hood, new crystal eagle eye headlamps, new front grille, new bumper design, fog lamps, side moldings, new wheel covers, new tail lamps, three spoke steering wheel, integrated headrest in front seats, amber illuminated speedometer, new tachometer and RPM meter, electronic trip meter, key reminder, power windows in front, new ash tray and cup holder, rear door child locks, improved suspension and braking, stylish gear knob, i-Cats security system, air conditioning with heating, more leg room and tinted glasses.
For all these improved design features and specifications, consumer has to pay just 30000 to 40000 Rupees more than he paid for Alto. K10 is available in two versions known as Alto k10 Lxi priced at Rs 3.03 lakh, while another version called Alto k10 Vxi is available at 3.16 Lakhs.