Christian vs Jehovah Witness
The main difference between Christian and Jehovah’s Witness is in the kinds of Christ they believe in. It is true that Jehovah’s Witnesses and Christians are both following the teachings brought about by the words of Jesus Christ. Christians believe in the Holy Trinity. In Holy Trinity, the Christians present the three persons as one God: the Holy Spirit, the Son, and God the Father. While Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that Jehovah is the only God. For them, Jesus and the Archangel Michael are the same. This is where the difference between Christian and Jehovah’s Witness begins. Then the difference goes into other beliefs and practices of the two religions, as well.
Who is a Christian?
Christians have this faith that Jesus was sent by God here on Earth to personally give us His words of salvation. Christians believe that Jesus is the son of God and that God, Himself, sacrificed Jesus to save the humanity from their sins and impurities. Christians are also welcoming the thought that Jesus will come as a sign of the end the world. This specific time will be witnessed by everyone: the living and the dead. They believe that this will be the Day of Judgment wherein the good goes with Him to heaven, and the sinners will suffer in hell for all eternity. Certainty of when it would happen is not there, but their faith was kept untroubled through time. They confess their sins in their church. They are following Jesus’ ways so as to keep themselves acceptable when the moment the judgment comes to the Earth.
Who is a Jehovah’s Witness?
If it is about Christianity, Jehovah’s Witnesses do believe that they too are Christians. It is because they are also following the ways taught by Jesus on how to live a glorious life here on Earth. However, they have set some borderlines. Part of these is their belief that Jesus is not God and that he is one with Archangel Michael. They do not welcome the primary sign of Christians, which is the Holy Trinity. In fact, they look at it as something that holds people from recognizing the one and true God, which is Jehovah. Jehovah’s Witnesses are also solid with their belief that the world is ending little by little. For them, the end started on the exact year of 1914 and consequently it is still in the process of diluting.
What is the difference between Christian and Jehovah Witness?
• Christians believe Jesus Christ is one with His Father and Holy Spirit as God. Jehovah Witnesses believe that God is never made up of three persons but is only one and that is Jehovah.
• Christians believe that the Holy Spirit is God, Himself, but Jehovah’s Witnesses contradict this with their belief that the Holy Spirit is God’s way of interacting with His people.
• Christians are uncertain as to when the world would end, but Jehovah Witnesses are sure that the year 1914 started the end of it all.
• Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that they are true Christians. However, most Christians do not agree with that. In the same way, Jehovah’s Witnesses do not accept other Christians as true Christians.
• Jehovah’s Witnesses do not accept the existence of hell. Christians accept that there is a hell.
• Jehovah’s Witnesses have a different belief about heaven as well. Christians believe that those who do good go to heaven after death for an eternal happy life. Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that only 144,000 people will go to heaven, to be with God and Jesus. The remaining ones will enjoy a paradise on earth. This is a restored Garden of Eden. There is no old age, unhappiness, death or sickness there.
Both religions are Christians, but the difference between Jehovah’s Witness and Christian can be easily determined by the faith they are living with as they go on with their lives.
- Resurrection of Christ via Wikicommons (Public Domain)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses are known for their preaching from house to house by Steelman (CC BY-SA 2.5)