Heaven vs Hell
Difference between Heaven and hell helps followers of different religions to decide how they should live their lives. That is to say, once a person understands how different the heaven and hell are, they start to make choices in the way they live. It is believed that heaven and hell are mentioned in religions to make people do good and avoid evil. It is a way of religions to make sure humans live good lives helping others. The religion that speaks most about heaven and hell with vivid pictures of the places is Christianity. In this article, we will see how both of these places are defined and how people are supposed to go to those places.
What is Heaven?
Heaven is believed to be the place where the Almighty dwells. Heaven is the place where the dead would attain eternity. The Bible believes that those who have accepted God will go to heaven and have a new body there. Several other religions also accept the fact that the heaven is the place well prepared for the good and the meritorious. Heaven is the place where the inmates would be conscious of the fact that they are there. Some religions declare that heaven is the place that can be reached by the performance of certain rituals. Certain gods have to be appeased to get a place in the heaven. The believers of God will certainly reside with him in the heaven.
What is Hell?
Hell is, on the other hand, a place well prepared for Satan. Hell, on the contrary to heaven, is the place where the dead would suffer for their sins. Remember the declaration made in the Bible, ‘The wicked shall be turned into the hell and all the nations that forget God’ (Psalms 0: 17). The hell is, in fact, a place for the unsaved and the wicked. In addition, hell is the place where the inmates would be conscious of their afflictions. Afflictions means pains. An affliction is a severe pain resulting from the painstaking efforts to which the inmates would be subjected in the hell. All those who reject the presence of God enter into the hell.
‘They will be cast into the lake of fire’ declares the Bible. It has to be remembered that various sins are responsible for the entry into the hell. Some of the sins are adultery, uncleanness, idolatry, witchcraft, murders, seditions, drunkenness, wrath, strife, hatred, heresies, envy, jealousy, rebelling, and the like.
What is the difference between Heaven and Hell?
• The almighty God lives in heaven with angels. The Devil and Satan live in hell with his demons.
• Heaven is for those who have done good deeds in their life on earth. Those people, who have helped others, shown kindness, saved others from pain, are the ones who can secure a place in heaven.
• Hell is for those who have done evil deeds in their life on earth. Those people, who have lied, hurt others, killed and done a number of other horrible deeds, are the ones who can go to hell.
• Heaven is a place of happiness and peace. Hell is a place of pain and punishment.
• When talking about heaven, it is believed that heaven is somewhere up in the sky, above the earth. A kingdom made of clouds from where the God can look at the earth.
• When talking about hell, it is believed that hell is somewhere below the earth. Hell is the underground. So, it is dark and full of pits with lava that is used for punishments.
• All religions agree that heaven is a place for the good and hell is a place for the bad.
- Ladder of divine ascent via Wikicommons (Public Domain)
- Hell by Jbribeiro1 (CC BY-SA 3.0)
Leave a Reply